Wound Closure at the Speed of Urgent Care
Finally, you have a wound closure device that works as fast as you do. Zip is clinically proven to be faster than sutures1,2 and more patient-friendly than staples.3 You can close lacerations 3 to 4 times faster than sutures,4 and the non-invasive Zip may obviate the need for local anesthetic. Use Zip to improve treatment times, wait times and staff efficiency.
No Needles, No Drama
Zip can help you reduce some of the stress and tension patients often feel in emergency care situations, especially among children. As a needle-free solution, Zip offers less pain vs. sutures4 and eliminates punctures that may allow bacteria into the wound site. Patients can feel more comfortable with Zip. In fact, 95% of patients prefer it over other methods.5
Size and Strength to Handle Everything You Encounter
Zip comes in four convenient sizes from 4cm to 24 cm long, enabling you to treat a wide variety of locations on the body. It is proven to offer up to 8 times stronger wound protection than sutures to help you handle tough urgent care lacerations.6
1. Goldman, D.S. MD, et. al., Improvement in S-ICD Incision Closure Time and High Implanter Satisfaction Using a Novel Skin Closure Device, Presentation, 2017
2. Lalani, G. G., Schricker, A. A., Salcedo, J., Hebsur, S., HSU, J., Feld, G. and Birgerdotter-Green, U. (2016), Cardiac Device Implant Skin Closure with a Novel Adjustable, Coaptive Tape-Based Device. Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology. . doi:10.1111/pace.12926
3. Benner RW, Behrens JP. Poster Presentation: “A Novel Skin Closure Device for (Bilateral) Total Knee Arthroplasty: Randomized Controlled Trial vs. Staples.” Poster session presented at American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons; Nov 3, 2017; Dallas, TX.
4. Tanaka, Y. et al. Randomized Study of a New Noninvasive Skin Closure Device for Use After Congenital Heart Operations. Ann Thorac Surg 2016.
5. Data on file
6. In an in-vivo study, more load in lb. was required to create 1 mm gap between incision edges approximated with Zip than Ethicon 4-0 Vicryl subcuticular running suture. Data on file.